You Have Arrived


You're here, and I'm glad for it...even if you aren't. But I hope you soon will be.


I am a self-declared spastic Sophomore here at the University of Arizona. The basic idea behind this project is that college life is weird, wonderful, and sometimes downright awful. I started this blog because I know I'm not alone - that there are millions of people out there, spastic or not, who could use an encouraging word or humorous story now and then. If through my experiences, thoughts, and actions, I can be a conduit for joy, I'll gladly tell the world (or at least the blogosphere) of my spastic escapades.

Read on, brave patrons, and enjoy.


Thursday, January 13, 2011

Second Semester Spazz

     Good evening, people of Earth.
     It's the first day of the new semester here at the UA, and I'm feeling pretty good. Which is interesting, considering that last night I was too busy feeling sorry for myself to even get to sleep before 2:30am. I'd said goodbye to my horse that morning, my dad and brother that afternoon, and my mom had just pulled out to drive back to Phoenix. After a month at home with everyone I loved, the prospect of sitting alone in my apartment wasn't exactly exciting.
     My morning went a little something like this:
     Hauled my zombie-like self out of bed. Took a cold shower (horrible idea, by the way; I wouldn't recommend it). Had a bowl of exceptionally ordinary oatmeal. Checked the clock. Craptastic. Skipped morning coffee (definitely wouldn't recommend that one). Threw on a hoodie. Caught the shuttle to the uni. Sulked for twenty minutes.
     And there you have it. Nah, I'm just kidding - I wouldn't leave you with that. All of the above is true, but my day did a complete turnaround in a single moment. The moment I reached the second crack in the sidewalk, to be exact. The moment I did what I do best. It wasn't a dramatic tumble - rather a 'near-faceplant experience,' as it were. Nevertheless, surprisingly uplifting. A bit like a cuff on the back of the head; like, "hey, snap out of it." So I did. I put on a smile and made the most of my day. Optimism is a wonderful thing.
     Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to pop a couple of Aspirin and hit the sack. Unfortunately, making the most of my day turned out to mean cleaning my bedroom and killing my back in the process. Not awesome. Oh, right...optimism.

Have a wonderful night, earthlings. Until my next trip,
Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment