You Have Arrived


You're here, and I'm glad for it...even if you aren't. But I hope you soon will be.


I am a self-declared spastic Sophomore here at the University of Arizona. The basic idea behind this project is that college life is weird, wonderful, and sometimes downright awful. I started this blog because I know I'm not alone - that there are millions of people out there, spastic or not, who could use an encouraging word or humorous story now and then. If through my experiences, thoughts, and actions, I can be a conduit for joy, I'll gladly tell the world (or at least the blogosphere) of my spastic escapades.

Read on, brave patrons, and enjoy.


Tuesday, October 5, 2010

September 23, 2010

     What better way is there to say "I'm a college student" than to sit down and enjoy a piping hot bowl of Top Ramen? That's right, none. Those oodles of noodles are a symbol. A symbol of blood, sweat, and tears. Of shrinking wallets and expanding waistlines. Now, I like to pump some extra delicious into my Ramen. Think of it like a Mustang GT; fantastic as it is, it's always better with racing stripes. A little chicken, green onion, celery seed and cilantro, and my soup is souped.
     Yesterday afternoon, after a long day at the UA and a cold nipping at my heels, I decided to indulge. I had nearly made it to the living room couch, steaming bowl in hand, when I had a spaz-attack. My toes hooked the leg of the coffee table and the floor came rushing toward me. Unfortunately, I didn't go down alone. I landed shoulder-first on the table, tipping the entire frosted glass top and knocking it right off its supports. You know in the movies when some guy gets smashed against a window and there's this hideous squeak as he slides to the ground? It was a lot like that. Half of my Ramen - extra broth, extra hot - poured down my arm. I found myself flashing an image of the glass shattered, its shards running me through like a samurai sword and leaving me to bleed to a messy death on the rug. The upside: the carpet's dark brown, so at least the stain would be negligible.
     I snapped out of my worst-case-scenario-induced stupor just in time to save the remainder of my lunch. Four paper towels and one short fit of frustration later, I sat eating and staring down at my toes. I suppose it had to happen sooner or later. I can't always have an audience, but thanks to Blogspot, the world can still enjoy a snicker or two at my expense.

No comments:

Post a Comment