You Have Arrived


You're here, and I'm glad for it...even if you aren't. But I hope you soon will be.


I am a self-declared spastic Sophomore here at the University of Arizona. The basic idea behind this project is that college life is weird, wonderful, and sometimes downright awful. I started this blog because I know I'm not alone - that there are millions of people out there, spastic or not, who could use an encouraging word or humorous story now and then. If through my experiences, thoughts, and actions, I can be a conduit for joy, I'll gladly tell the world (or at least the blogosphere) of my spastic escapades.

Read on, brave patrons, and enjoy.


Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Fragmented Funnies

     I realize that my blog entries may give many people a rather severe case of TLDR. For all of you readers who aren't current with nerd-speak (shame on you), that means "Too Long, Didn't Read." Large blocks of seemingly meaningless wordage can be intimidating, am I right? In fact, by this point in the paragraph, I expect to have lost at least half of those who clicked on my link in the first place. So, this time around I decided to give you little bits of fun I've encountered over the past few days. Enjoy.

  • This morning, my chemistry professor asked us if we had ever smelled ozone. Most said no. Her description? "If you could smell water, and it smelled awesome, that's what ozone would smell like."
  • Shortly thereafter, a classmate shouted "It smells trippy!" After giving the student an odd look, Dr. Van Dangerous turned to address the rest of us: "Soooo....who thinks that guy smoked his breakfast?"
  • I went to my roommate's band concert last night. One of the trumpet players lost his place on the score, and spent half the song flipping through his papers and pretending to play...like, lip syncing on the trumpet. I know, I shouldn't find that funny...He played wonderfully the rest of the night, so it's all good.
  • Monday morning, I was at the uni studying for a chemistry exam. The LOST theme, which was playing on my iPod, was suddenly interrupted by a loud rumbling. I looked up to see a giant airliner flying so low, it looked as if it was going to land on my head. Irony rocks.
  • During my study session, two gentlemen sat at the table next to mine. Suits and ties, briefcases and coffee in hand - they looked like they had business to discuss. Instead, they talked for an excess of fifteen minutes about last week's episode of Big Bang Theory. Good to know they're handling the important things first.
  • In the middle of a separate chemistry study session for an entire class, the girl sitting behind my roomie and I suddenly said to her friend: "I haven't washed these jeans since I got them."
  • In the shower today, I remembered a little song my Equine Science teacher in high school used to sing:
         My bonnie has tuberculosis.
         My bonnie has only one lung.
         He coughs up his bloody consumption,
         And dries it and chews it for gum.
    Disturbing? Yes, yes it is.
  • My roommate wrote on our kitchen whiteboard last night: "Most women would rather have beauty than brains, because men can see better than they can think." Burn. If any men are reading this, my apologies, but it is kinda funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment